Tuesday 23 October 2012

More activity please!

Yes, I want to lose weight.
Yes, I want it instantly, but,
No, it's not going to happen!

I don't think my diet is horrifically awful, I mean, it's not the best and it definitely needs tweaking and to be honest it's prob worse than I think. But I don't spend all day eating cake and sweets. So I think mostly I need to get active and I need to love it.

My brother and sister-in-law recently suggested we go on bike rides around our local park and area.. but to my embarrassment and their amusement/shock I had to reveal that I do not know how to ride a bike! :S My mum blames it on the other kids in the neighbourhood laughing and putting me off when I first started at the normal age haha but honestly I don't know why I never really tried. Maybe it was the other children, but maybe I just thought I'd never need to learn? Here I am at 22 however, and I plan on learning!

I spoke to my friend about this the other day and she just said 'good luck'. This makes me more determined than ever. I can definitely do this, if a kid can then so can I! Granted you learn things better when you are younger but why can't a 22 year old be better at it? Tomorrow I fully plan on getting my sister's old bike (which she has not taken with her yet) out of the garage and seeing what I can do in the back garden... more on this in a later post then.

I've also started going on walks at least 5 times a week to just get active again. I can't bare to think how many days I have barely moved a few metres from lack of anything to do or just sitting at my desk sewing... You've gotta start somewhere, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment